Translate

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

CONTRAST THIS VIDEO FROM POLAND WITH THE ONE FROM SAINT MONICA'S CHURCH IN SANTA MONICA CALIFORNIA

Recently there was a conference in Poland attended by Bishop Schneider of Kazakhstan on the art of celebrating the EF Mass. To his credit, (I am no fan of the cappa magna) His Excellency doesn't wear it but simply his bishop's choir dress prior to the Solemn Mass.

I am no fan either of the truncated fiddle back chasuble, although I have three in our sacristy which I have worn for the EF Mass. I much prefer the fuller version of it that Pope Benedict often wore, but I truly prefer the Gothic style the best.

The only other concern that I have about liturgy geeks is that one wonders if that is their only interest in Catholicism. What about good works on the corporate level where the EF Mass is the predominant Mass in a parish? Is there concern for the Church's social teachings and putting these into practice? Others who are in parishes of this nature need to chime in to the discussion about this. To focus exclusively on worship without good works (I'm not just speaking about individuals, but how the parish and diocese carried this out) would be a corruption of Catholicism.

This is a very nice video and contrasted to the Liturgy in Saint Monica's in the post below this one, it is nice to see and gives the proper ethos of the Mass and the reverence due the Mass, meaning the real presence of Christ:



No comments: